The fact this is a genuine, family-run business can be seen in the kitchen, too. Bernhard Pfeffel is head chef and puts all his effort into a job he is truly passionate about. National and international dishes are all served here with a touch of Tyrolean culinary magic, a matter of honour for Bernhard.
Our cuisine is honest and down-to-earth, and always tasty and authentic, whether we’re serving Tyrolean, Austrian or international dishes. People often comment on how soft and tender our meat and fish are. Of course, that pleases us immensely, since all of the products are locally sourced.
Our desserts yield plenty of praise, too, each being prepared and baked with love in our kitchens – apple strudel, dumplings made with smooth curd cheese, or sweet dumplings filled with apricots. Every mouthful is a pleasure, so allow us to lead you to fresh culinary pastures.
Bernhard Pfeffel leaves guests in no doubt he sources the very best quality ingredients, explaining that everything’s available locally – just around the corner: Meat and fish, beef from alpine cattle raised on organic farms in Leutasch, cheese from the Kitzbühel Alps, potatoes from Roppen in the Oberland region of Tyrol, brown trout and char from nearby Lake Weidachsee. The ‘Garden of Tyrol’ has so many wonderful treats to offer. Premium products are further refined and prepared with incredible attention to detail to produce uniquely wonderful results.
- Fish from the local Weidachsee lake
- Beef & veal from Larch’s organic farm in Unterleutasch
- Organic Tyrolean quail eggs
- Regionally produced cheese & milk products
- Herbs and spices from our own garden during the summer
- Home-baked bread – without genetically engineered ingredients
- Tyrolean beer & whiskey
- Rich and varied buffet breakfast with tasty and healthy products
- Out-front cooking, bar with freshly-squeezed orange, fruit & vegetable juices
- Breakfast with sparkling wine and smoked specialties, every day
- Afternoon buffet from 14.00 – 16.00 with home-made sweet treats, savoury snacks, coffee & teas
- Select every day from a 6-course menu with a variety of theme evenings
- 2x week: 7-course gala dinner
- Welcome aperitif on the day of arrival
Our ¾-board package spoils you with culinary treats throughout the day. Start each day of your holiday with a visit to the opulently-decked buffet at breakfast, featuring a vitamin-rich area, freshly-pressed orange juice, fruit and vegetable juices, and lots of sweet treats.
If you’re just ‘peckish’ there’s an afternoon buffet featuring desserts, sweet pastries and savoury snacks, coffee and various teas. Every evening, guests look forward to a new culinary theme – be it game dishes or farmhouse cookery from the Tyrolean cookbook, Italian moods and foods or one of our 7-course gala menus. You’ll love it!
To aid the digestion there are numerous famous strong Austrian fruit brandies to choose from. We particularly recommend our own home-distilled schnapps varieties. Whether you’re out on the patio at sunset or enjoying the glow of the fireplace, our cranberry, herb and fir cone schnapps are all supremely sophisticated and pleasurable!